Oct 10, 2003

FRIDAY FUN CLICK HERE
EXTRA ON A BIG NEWS DAY: Schwartzengroper - Ken Lay Enron Meeting E-mails prove Ahnuld attended meeting "he does not remember". I know he is gonna wish he could forget saying that. From What Really Happened the best headline source on the web.

Limbaugh: I'm Addicted to Painkillers

Conservative blowhard Rush Limbaugh, who has spent years campaigning vigorously against drug use, acknowledged Friday that he himself is addicted to painkillers, and that he would immediately check into a treatment center for 30 days to try to break the habit.
Fox Sports Yahoo News CBS News ABC NEWS
President Bush expressed support for Limbaugh, according to a senior administration source who spoke with the Drudge Report.
"Rush is a great American," who has championed the conservative movement for decades, Bush reportedly said. "I am confident he can overcome any obstacles he faces right now," the president added.
LIMBAUGH'S DRUG QUOTES:

"We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into." Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993

" .... if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up. "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use....The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

LIMBAUGHS self-serving hypocritical comments:
"You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life. (but I have been a lying untruthful POS instead) So I need to tell you today that part of what you have heard and read is correct. (it is actually much worse than you will hopefully ever know) I am addicted to prescription pain medication

Over the past several years I have tried to break my dependence on pain pills and, in fact, twice checked myself into medical facilities in an attempt to do so. Immediately following this broadcast, I am checking myself into a treatment center (to stave off confrontation with legal authorities and escape prosecution and jail that I have said all illegal drug users deserve)

I am not making any excuses. I am no role model. I refuse to let anyone think I am doing something great here, when there are people you never hear about, who face long odds and never resort to such escapes. (and what I am really doing is what my lawyer tells me will get me the best chance of avoiding prosecution)

At the present time, the authorities are conducting an investigation, and I have been asked to limit my public comments until this investigation is complete when I am free to speak about them." (without further fear of incriminating myself and going to jail)
Scoobie Davis logged an exclusive interview this AM that possibly provoked this decision by Limbaugh. Good work Scoobie.
Len over at Musings of a Philosophical Scrivner has an interesting interview with Molly Ivins about the "de eadukashun" pReznit when he was in Texas
JOIN THE LIVELY DISCUSSION AT SOUTHKNOXBUBBA'S COMMENTS

No comments: