- Barry Bozeman The relatively small 8 tenths of a degree warming globally is not as important as the current 4 or 5 degree temperature increase in the Arctic and Greenland. - the thawing of the permafrost in Canada and Siberia has the potential to release massive amounts of methane in a feedback loop that will accelerate the temperature rise to a point we don't want to contemplate..
- Barry Bozeman There are currently 5 gigatonnes of methane in the atmosphere - yet the arctic regions seabeds and the permafrost contain 100's of tonnes of methane. So relatively minimal changes in Arctic temperature have huge potential impact for methane release and the methane is a potent greenhouse gas that serves to exacerbate the whole warming process.
- Barry Bozeman Since carbon dioxide from the dawn of the industrial age that accelerated in 1970 to go from 300ppm to 400ppm has tracked with the warming trends we see in measurements it really doesn't matter if people believe the CO2 is contributing to the warming. It's happening in the Arctic as the methane trackers show and that release has a very dangerous potential
- Missy Griffin Klens http://www.onearth.org/.../carbon-dioxides-surge-in-one...
April set a carbon dioxide milestone by averaging 400 parts per million for the entire month. That’s uncharted territory over the course of human history, and a new data visualization makes clear just how high and fast it has risen.
- Tom McLaughlin http://dailycaller.com/.../global-cooling-antarctic-sea.../
- Tom McLaughlin http://www.washingtonpost.com/.../antarctic-sea-ice-hit.../
- Tom McLaughlin http://wattsupwiththat.com/.../cryosat-shows-arctic-sea.../
- Tom McLaughlin http://www.forbes.com/.../peer-reviewed-survey-finds.../
- Tom McLaughlinhttp://www.nas.org/.../Estimated_40_Percent_of_Scientists...
- Tom McLaughlin The weakness of the"science" is what is truly pathetic.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../Top-climate-scientists...
- Tom McLaughlinhttp://www.dailytech.com/After+Missing+5.../article33457.htm
- Barry Bozeman Try showing us something not tainted by self interest Tom - we get your Conservatism - really we do. No need to waste your time or ours here We can read the charts all available here:
We won't be swayed by your Conservative Think Tank babble or the slanted "opinions" of people paid by the fossil fuel industry.
- Barry Bozeman It's really quite illuminating the link place in the wildly misleading headlined article about Global Cooling and Sea Ice records.
Since reaching its annual maximum extent on March 21, Arctic sea ice extent has declined somewhat unevenly, but has con...See More
- Barry Bozeman The subsidies to Oil and Gas companies remain substantial. It seems to me the money is all still slanted to Oil Gas and Coal.http://reneweconomy.com.au/.../fossil-fuel-subsidies...
- Barry Bozeman I don't pretend to have a chance of changing any minds or impacting the situation in any way. My reason for doing this is to engage family and friends in a future discussion of what I fear we might have to do to make the future survivable for my grandson and their grandchildren. I'm pretty certain we can't change what's coming but we might be able to prepare for it.
- Candy Degville Sad that we can't work together on this climate change issue now instead of looking in the rear view mirror years down the road which is what we have come to accept - last minute out of control emergency fixes. And it is a very politically divided belief: http://www.nytimes.com/.../on-climate-republicans-and...