Nov 20, 2003

He loved the Rush

He loved the Rush
Nov. 20, 2003: Rush was a major-league pill-popper, and has been broadcasting for years under the influence of controlled substances. I have no problem with Rush doing the illegal drugs of his choice. It's his body – he owns it, not the Drug Enforcement Agency.

Perversely, Rush has always been a drug warrior. In a Playboy interview, in December 1993, he said: "By legalizing drugs, all you're going to do is define deviancy further downward." The same month, on his radio show, he said: "I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say 'People are going to do drugs anyway – let's legalize it.' It's a dumb idea, a rotten idea. And those who are for it are purely, 100 percent selfish." Rush has never been a clear thinker, or intellectually honest.

The discovery of Rush's liking for opiates makes him a hypocrite, as well as an insufferable blowhard. For the last three years, he's been nothing but an unconscionable flack for the Republican Party, reflexively supporting anything they do or say. My guess, therefore, is that Rush won't be arrested for buying and doing illegal narcotics, as if he were a black, or some white trailer park trash. He's entirely too well wired with the Republicans.

Rush could say something like this:

Sure, drugs are a bad habit, like alcohol, nicotine and caffeine. While the opiates I like give me a nice ... rush ... I realize that they have damaged my hearing and resulted in chronic constipation. I would, objectively, perhaps, be better off without them. I'm an adult, and I can afford the pleasure financially. I only regret having been a craven hypocrite all these years, and I want to apologize for that. But nothing else. So I'm going to do the hard, but intellectually honest, thing and recant my previous ill-advised views on drugs. And on a lot of other things. I can see that the government isn't my friend ... etc, etc.

More likely, Rush is going to turn over on his back and wet himself, begging forgiveness for breaking the law, blaming it on the addictive nature of drugs. He'll say he's a poster boy for why enforcement should be tougher yet, to save people like him from themselves. He could become as rabid as an ex-smoker around cigarettes. The revelation of which way he'll go is almost enough to get me to listen to his sorry show again.
GET YOUR NEWS HEADLINES FROM WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

This site supports A MARINE GIRL in her 'battle' with the lying scumbag "Gunny" and so should you

New Blog Showcase contestant Anarchy Zero is the latest addition to the League. Another Cat Blogger is always welcome and keeping with the Open for Change full acceptance policy of the League an Anarchist will fit right in:
Britain Welcomes "President" Bush as Perle Tells Truth and the World Reacts in Shock as 1,000's Dance At the FTAA and 27 are Killed By Truck Bombs in Instanbul
Is it the End of The World or will the "Irrelevant" United Nations Rescue America from Bush the Madman who sent London into Literal Martial Law

IRAQ = DEATH is Anarchy Xero's entry in the New Blog Showcase and The League of Liberals has a new member in the race. Cast your votes and update your blogrolls accordingly.
Welcome Anarchy Xero.

No comments: